Friday, March 29, 2013

MATED TO THE DEVIL‏ by Eve Langlais


Not all pleasures are a sin...

Mina wants to put her seduction by a golden-eyed devil behind her, but the birth of her son, Jacques, renders that impossible. She tries to forget the only man who ever roused her passion, but when she notices her son exhibiting strange behavior—and less-than-human characteristics—she must face her past and learn to trust, and love, again.

Howling drunk, the one thing Remy clearly remembers is seducing Mina. A pity he didn’t think to get her address, especially since he marks her as his mate. When she disappears, he’s got plenty of time to regret, but he doesn’t get a chance to atone until she comes back into his life with an unexpected surprise.

Thrust into the role of father, Remy works to bond with his son while gaining forgiveness. But will he get the chance to truly make Mina his mate before danger threatens their fragile happiness?

 photo Review.jpg

MATED TO THE DEVIL‏ introduces us to Mina, a girl who has been raised by a family that takes religion to the fanatical level, and Remy a werewolf who is a frat boy in college. As is the case with the shifters in Ms. Langlais world Remy could scent that Mina was his intended mate from the first whiff. Poor Mina has been dragged along with her wilder cousins to a frat party and is surrounded and subsequently man handled by drunk frat boys, when she is saved by Remy.

Some of the things I love about shifter romance is the alpha male, take charge, protect and possess, mate for life heroes. We are given the chance to see what happens when things don't turn out the way that our alpha male had planned. I love also that Ms. Langlais heroines are spunky and have a backbone and Mina doesn't start out that way but she sure learns to stand up for herself.

The heat in this book is pretty steady through most of the book and has a bit of kink as well. MATED TO THE DEVIL‏ provides a devilishly good read and several a hot as hell sexy scenes with our hot werewolf hero and his mate. This book is on the shorter side so it is something that you can read and enjoy in a weekend if not just a Saturday.


 photo 4.jpg
 photo 3-1.jpg
 photo PNR.png

Excerpt from Ms. Langlais website:

The hunt for the woman excited him. The more she seemingly evaded capture, the more his heart raced—and his cock hardened. Come out, come out, wherever you are. This big, bad wolf wants to say hello.
It took a few more stumbles and teeters before he found her, standing with her back to him at the kitchen sink, and for a moment Remy almost forgot himself. His beast side came close to taking over, and what it wanted to do shocked him—although not as much as it should have. He wanted to go to her and shred the clothing from her body. To bend her over and thrust into her, fuck her hard until he came with his cock buried to the hilt and his teeth firmly planted in her shoulder, marking her.
Complete madness of course. A Lycan didn’t just take a human female like that. Even drunk as a skunk he knew that. There were rules to follow, a courtship dance designed to seduce the woman until she willingly agreed to bind herself to a man who was also a wolf. But knowing the steps involved in seduction didn’t lessen the urge. With great effort, Remy tamped it down. I have more control than a beast. Drunk or not, I won’t fuck this up.
For a moment, he just stood admiring the view from the rear—which he still had to admit would look better naked and bent over. Forcing his gaze away from her plump ass, he checked out the rest of her. Up close, her hair appeared even curlier and silky, its brown depths broken up with a hint of auburn. She couldn’t have topped more than five foot five, and he estimated she wouldn’t go past his chin.
Unlike some of the other girls at the party, she’d dressed sedately in a patterned blouse tucked into a pair of jeans. Not skin tight hip-huggers as was the fashion nowadays, but her high-waist pants were still snug enough to caress the curve of her full bottom and give a hint of her rounded thighs.
Mine, oh, mine. Oh, baby, I can’t wait to see that sweet body of yours naked. Patience, though. First things first. He should find out her name.
Sneaking up on her, he cornered her by placing a hand on the counter, trapping her between his arms. Before he could stop himself, he leaned in and inhaled deeply. Bad mistake. This close, his whole being thrummed with excitement, and again the urge to take her made his cock hard enough to use as a hammer. Fuck, this courting thing is going to be harder than I thought, just like my cock. A laugh burst free.
Startled blue eyes peered up at him as his woman turned in the circle of his arms to face him. He grinned at her crookedly. A gasp escaped her luscious lips, trepidation crossed her face, and a slight tremble shook her body.
Only inches separated them, and he could see himself reflected in her clear blue orbs. Shit. Remy inwardly cursed as he saw himself in her gaze, saw the reflection of glowing predator eyes. His eyes must have partially shifted in his excitement. Damned Lycan eyes. They tended to change color and glow when their bestial side rested too close to the surface. This most common outward expression of their otherness was why the young ones weren’t allowed out of their closed community until they’d gained control of their animal. Apparently, Remy wasn’t as in-command as he wanted to think. Good thing his dad wasn’t around. He’d have blown a gasket.
“What are you doing?” she asked, fear making her eyes wide.
“Don’t be afraid,” he whispered, entranced by her creamy white skin, already imagining the contrast it would make against his own darker tone.
“I-I should go find my cousins,” she stuttered, the scent of her angst strong. And surprising. As an alpha in training, Remy had always expected to end up with a dominant bitch. Perhaps he’d just taken her by surprise.
“Don’t leave yet, baby. We’ve just met.” He inched closer to her, his groin pressing up against her lower belly, his mouth inching toward hers, unable to prevent himself. Courtship ritual or not, surely a little taste was allowed? The chances of her being pure were slim to none. They were, after all, in the new millennium, not the Middle Ages, where women remained chaste until marriage.
She leaned back, away from him, her discomfort palpable. “I really need to go. They’re probably looking for me.”
Remy frowned, and paranoia set in. Did she not feel the same pull as him? Could he somehow be mistaken? Is the alcohol clouding my brain into thinking she’s my mate? “Don’t leave yet. We haven’t been introduced. I’m Remy.” Your future husband, a silent thought he kept to himself. He flashed a smile that shone perhaps a tad too toothily given how she flinched back. “Don’t be frightened. I won’t hurt you.”
“I’m not scared.”
He didn’t need to scent the lie to detect it. Her entire tone and bearing screamed trepidation. He kept to small talk to try to set her at ease. “Are you new to the college? I don’t think I’ve seen you around before.”
“I’m just here visiting.”
“Cool.” Yeah, totally suave answer. Remy wracked his brain for something witty to say, but so close to her, he couldn’t think. Couldn’t pull his wandering thoughts together. “You’re pretty.” He blurted the words out and immediately wanted to slap himself.
Eyes wide in surprise, her cheeks bloomed pink. “Thank you.”
“No, really you are. I’d like to take you out sometime.”
The pleasure in her eyes died. “I don’t think that will be possible. I’m only in town for another day, then I’m going back home with my parents.”
Leaving? She couldn’t leave. Not when he’d just found her. His beast growled, and some of its agitation showed because the fear returned to her gaze. “Where do you live? I’ll come to see you.”
“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”
This conversation really wasn’t going the way he planned. “Why not?” He couldn’t help asking.
“Just trust me on this. You seem like a nice guy.” Yeah, that didn’t sound too convincing. “But my parents would never allow me to date you. They’re very strict.”
“I can behave. Give me a chance, and I’ll show you.”
She shook her head. “Sorry, but I know my dad. He would never allow me to go out with you.”
“Why not?”
Her eyes dropped to a point below his chin, and he could just about touch her embarrassment as she mumbled a reply. “Because. He just wouldn’t. He’s very set in his ways.”
Remy didn’t give a flying fuck just how set in his ways her father was. This woman was his mate. His future. Mine. He cupped her cheeks and lifted her chin, forcing her to meet his gaze. “I’m not taking no for an answer.” He dipped his head, meaning to seal his promise with a kiss. She turned her head, and he caught her cheek.
Her breathing hitched. “P-please don’t.”
“Just one kiss?” Maybe then she’d feel the same pull, the same urgency he did.
“I can’t. Let me go.”
Shocked at her panicked reaction, he didn’t attempt to stop her when she pushed at his arm. He let it fall limply to his side and watched as she scurried away, disappearing into the crowd without a backward glance.
In his mind, he could almost hear his wolf side whine, baffled at her reaction. How could I be so wrong when she smells so right? Or did I come on too strongly? Perhaps he needed to stop balking at the dating protocol set forth by the elders. Apparently his usual method of charming a lady—basically saying hi and smiling so they’d drop their panties—wouldn’t work on his mate. Which totally sucks. Fine. If she required wooing, he’d woo the hell out of her. But how to approach her anew?
He turned to beer for the answer, but the golden fluid didn’t help him. Nor did he locate solace or a silver lining at the bottom of the bottle. But he did find he recalled the lyrics to “Werewolves of London,” which he belted out to howls and groans mixed with laughter.

Author info:
Hello, my name is Eve. I'm a stay at home mom who works as a webmistress/customer service rep and in between juggling my three kids, hubby, and housework, I write really raunchy stuff--usually with werewolves lol.

I was born in British Columbia, but being a military brat, I have lived a little bit everywhere--Quebec, New Brunswick, Labrador, Virginia (USA) and finally Ontario. My family and I currently live just outside Ottawa, our nation's capital.
I'm writing romance, my way. I like strong alpha males, naked chests and werewolves. Lots of werewolves. In fact, you'll notice most of my multi partner stories revolve around great, big, overprotective Lycans who just want to please their woman. I am also extremely partial to aliens, you know the kind who abduct their woman and then drive them insane...with pleasure of course.

My heroines, they kind of run the gamut. I have some that are shy and soft spoken, others that will kick a man in the balls and laugh. Many of them are chubby, because in my world, girls with curves ROCK! Oh and some of my heroines are a teeny tiny bit evil, but in their defense, they need love too.

Website
Email
Facebook
Goodreads

 photo HappyReadingCarin.png


No comments:

Post a Comment