Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 TBR Challenge hosted by Roofbeam Reader


This is the fourth year Roofbeam Reader is hosting and participating in the annual “TBR Pile Challenge.”
"It started after I realized I had such an issue buying books but never reading them (not because I don’t read – but because I have so many!). So, year after year, books would sit on my shelf, untouched, and I would end up reading newer ones first. I realized I was missing out on a lot of great books because I let them sit there gathering dust instead of reading them as I bought them."

I could so relate to this, I found myself with literally thousands of books on my Kindle and I have only read about 1/2 of them. So this seemed to me to be the perfect challenge for me for 2013

The Goal: To finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months).

The first order of business was to make a list of 12 books and 2 alternates that are in your TBR pile with a publication date pre-2012.
Here is mine...

My 2013 TBR Pile Challenge List:

Moon Dance-J R Rain (Aug 10, 2009)

Black Dorn-Daryl Devore (Oct 19, 2011)

Lucky Charm-Marie Astor (Jul 9, 2011)

The Visons of Ransom Lake-Marcia Lynn McClure (Oct 20, 2010)

Bloodlust-Larissa Ione (Feb. 04, 2011)

The Last Vampire-Amy Cross (Nov 1, 2011)

Main Attraction-Anna J Evans (Nov 1, 2009)

First Truth-Kim Harrison writing as Dawn Cook (May 28, 2002)

Of Noble Birth-Brenda Novak (Aug 1, 2011)

Struck by Thunder-Taylor Lee (Nov 8, 2011)

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes-Denise Grover Swank (Jun 29, 2011)

Dashing Druid-Lyn Horner (Nov 17, 2011)

Alternates:

Catch Me If You Can-Nina Bruhns (Dec 31, 2010)

Prophecy: Child of Light-F. E. Heaton (Mar 3, 2007)

As you can see I have quite the variety in my list that just reflects my eclectic reading tastes and habits.
I will be posting an update to the list once a month to let you know how I am doing in my challenge. I will also be posting a review for the books as I read them.
Maybe it will even get you to look at that pile of books you bought because you knew you would love them but then just haven't gotten around to reading :O)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the challenge with us! I don't know any of these books, so it will be fun to see what they're all about and what you thought of them. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete