Thursday, May 30, 2013

Author Interview and Review: Predator's Kiss (Gemini Island Shifters #1) by Rosanna Leo

 photo BookTour.jpg



Bear shifter Ryland Snow just wants peace. The peace and quiet afforded him at his woodsy retreat, the Ursa Fishing Lodge. As owner of the lodge, Ryland enjoys the tranquil life he’s created among his fellow shifters. He lives to maintain a safe haven for them, away from meddlesome human eyes.

When his rock star brother arrives, bringing trouble in the form of a possible hitman, Ryland is incensed. He’s been cleaning up Soren’s messes as long as he can remember, and is tired of his brother’s lecherous exploits.

Things go from bad to worse when Lia Goodblood stumbles upon Ryland and his lodge. Yes, the reclusive erotica author is easy on the eyes, but the human woman is more trouble than she’s worth. To say nothing of her bizarre fear of furry creatures.

Ryland determines to rid himself of her presence. But when he learns she’s on the run from a crazed fan, Ryland’s protective bear instincts flare. And the bear won’t be denied.

 photo AuthorInterview.jpg

Rosanna thank you so much for coming on My Reading Obsession blog today, I love your work and am beyond thrilled to have you here with us.

Thanks Carin!! I am thrilled to be here and I appreciate your kind enthusiasm!

Your past books have been about mythological Gods, this latest is about shifters. Will we be getting more Gods in the future? What about more shifters perhaps a giraffe shifter?

LOL- no, no giraffe shifters, although I have toyed with the idea of an evil possum shifter...we shall see which way the wind blows. ;) I do love my Greek gods and definitely plan to return to that series as well. Some of my readers want a Hades book and an Artemis book. I think I'd do Artemis next because I just love her and she needs some good lovin.'


Do you have a favorite myth or God?

Apollo has always been my fave, which was why I had to write Sunburn about him. I love his blond hair and pointy golden arrows (ahem) and his big muscles. I also love that he had such a tortured love history. He had a very sordid past, which I tried to use in my book as well.


What is the hardest part of the writing process for you? Do you have a favorite part or a part you dread?

Nothing is dreadful for me when it comes to writing. Even edits and rewrites are processes which I embrace because I always learn something. My Liquid Silver editors have been so smart and such a guidance to me. As far as the hard parts, well, when you've read the same manuscript 50 times during edits, you do begin to get fuzzy vision. It's hard to pick out errors at that point.


Being Canadian do you find that you have sayings or slang that you have to “standardize” so those of us in the US aren’t wondering what you are talking about eh?

LOL. Well you got the big one. "Eh" is very important and most of my sentences are colored by this delightful little term. Luckily our lingo is pretty much the same with a few exceptions. The big Canadian thing all Americans should know is our Tim Horton's coffee. It's our big coffee chain and is spreading into the northern part of the States now. Drink it, my friends, and drink hearty. I suggest a "double double"- two creams, two sugars- the perfect Canadian beverage!

If you were stranded on a desert isle and you had one hot celebrity and an unlimited supply of Nutella which celeb would it be?

Carin, you know me so well. ;) Hmm...Nutella...and two men. Richard Armitage, my fave Brit actor, and Joel Edgerton, my fave Aussie actor. I'm a greedy girl. Hope those boys are taking vitamins for stamina.


Thank you again Rosanna for your time and for the hours of reading pleasure you have provided me and the rest of the My Reading Obsession followers.

Thanks for having me, Carin. Big hugs back, and thanks so much for your support! Muah!


 photo Review.jpg

Taking a step away from her usual mythological gods Rosanna Leo's newest book Predator's Kiss is about brothers who are bear shifters and a very frightened erotic romance writer who is being stalked.

With the unique idea of a vacation lodge and private island for shifters, Predator's Kiss is funny, sexy and even suspenseful. Ms Leo has a way of painted pictures with her stories so that you can imagine the wild things in her books actually happening. I fell in love with the grumpy grizzly shifter, who is also the hero of Predator's Kiss, Ryland. His younger brother Soren is a pain as little brothers usually are but the love between the siblings comes through, and Lia (who you have to wonder if Rosanna didn't write a little like someone she knows) is a erotic romance writer and ends up on Gemini Island while trying to escape a stalking fan.

The bk is steamy in all the best ways and we also learn little tidbits about the mating habits of bears :O) Ry is strong, demanding, tender and protective. Lia can take whatever he can give her and more.

I understand that the next book in the series will feature Soren the polar bear shifter brother or Ryland. I will be looking to add that to my library as soon as it is available.

 photo 5.jpg
 photo 4-1.jpg
 photo Suspense_zpse825f94f.png photo PNR.png photo EroticRomance_zps79620bce.png

About this author:
Rosanna Leo has her degree in history and literature, as well as in classical singing. She currently resides in Toronto, Canada. Her favorite things are her family, dusty libraries, and Nutella. Rosanna loves it when the geeky, awkward girl gets the hot guy, and has made it her mission to see this happen in her books as much as possible. She is a multi-published author with Liquid Silver Books. Her books include For the Love of a God, Up in Flames, Sweet Hell and The Selkie. You can find all her books at www.lsbooks.com.

Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads
Blog


 photo HappyReadingCarin.png

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me, Carin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Timmy's ... I miss you. fortunately due to have a delivery soon...

    You forgot the salt & vinegar crisps - far better there than here... or hockey. Nothing is better than Hockey Night in Canada - especially for shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee, Gaele! Ah, yes, although I love the pickle chips! And at least the hockey is visible everywhere...just need to see my Sid the Kid!

      Delete
  3. OMG, Thank you for featuring this author. I've never heard of her before. I went and read a sample of Predator's Kiss from Amazon and OH WOW!! Freakin' awesomesauce of glorified amazeballs!! I had to have it and bought myself a copy!! I'm definitely planning on grabbing her other books, too =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Hollow May. Thank you, thank you so much for this great message! I am so pleased you were excited about Predator's Kiss and thanks for picking it up. I hope you love it! Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Hello Everybody,

    Below are the most recommended Bitcoin exchange services (BTC for CASH):
    Coinbase: $1 minimum trade
    CoinMama

    Earn free BITCOINS with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
    IACBit.org Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete