Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Trapped Under Ice‏ by M.J. Schiller



Rock star Chad Evans's tortured past hides just beneath the surface. Even fans screaming out his name in ecstasy can't drown out the screams of his childhood. He can usually keep it under control, but not always. Tonight the alcohol doesn't seem to soothe. Part of the crowd, Beth Donovan smiles, really enjoying herself for a change. But her smile isn't usually this bright. It is the kind of smile that masks sorrow. Three years just isn't long enough to get over losing Paul. When a vicious attack behind stage brings this unlikely pair together, something changes inside of them both. But can a jet-setting superstar and a Midwestern lunch lady ever manage a real relationship? And even if they can, will the person sending Chad death threats take it all away? Or is it their fate to remain forever trapped under ice?

 photo Review.jpg

Trapped Under Ice has to be just about every woman approaching 40's dream to meet and date a rock star that they have been crushing on. A contemporary romance about two people at vastly different places in there lives come together through mutual attraction and then have to try to deal with not only the issues that arise from the difference in their lifestyles but also the pains and issues from their pasts.

If you (like I have) have harbored the fantasy that one day Simon LeBon or Jon BonJovi was going to see you across a crowded concert and have to meet you. Then you will enjoy the premise of M.J. Miller's Trapped Under Ice. This story has its ups and downs it has his past abuse and her widowhood and 16 year old daughter to deal with. I also found that this book was not as steamy as some of the other rock star romances that are out right now(that I suppose is a +or- depending on your view)

At a little over 300 pages this is a good size novel but I found it compelling and it didn't have a lot of drag to it.


 photo 4.jpg
 photo 2-1.jpg
 photo ContemporaryRomance.png

About this author:
I was born in Overland Park, KS, in the heart of Tornado Alley, and my life has been a bit twisted since. Actually, it’s not all that twisted, but I’ve always wanted to use that line. I grew up in St. Louis, MO, went to school at the University of Missouri-Columbia, and moved to Bloomington, IL, fresh out of college, after my husband got a job at State Farm’s corporate headquarters.
I have been a writer all my life. My first book, which was co-written with Mary Ellen Murphey in second grade, was titled The Black Cat, and was written on blue hotel stationary, hole-punched, and bound by white yarn. I believe it is currently out of circulation.
When I turned forty, I had an epiphany of sorts. I realized those bigwig publishing houses in New York were now probably run by people younger than me, so I shouldn’t be intimidated by them.
Once I finished my first book, I wasn’t able to stop. I would rather write than do just about anything else. After all, you get to make people (characters) do what you want and design your own happy endings. What power! What a privilege.

Blog/website
Twitter
Goodreads

 photo HappyReadingCarin.png


No comments:

Post a Comment